JSU Training Classes
Obedience is a practice, like any other discipline. After training camps have been completed, Jet Set University offers the ability to go further and stay fresh with Graduate Group Classes. Graduate classes are taught in a group format and allow handlers to practice skills repetitively, in a high distraction environment, for troubleshooting and precision. Teams are also able to set goals and earn certificates – the most popular being AKC’s Canine Good Citizen.
Gill Chapman has been actively involved in the sport of agility since 2006. She has competed on the national level in three different venues with multiple dogs and holds Champion titles in four different venues with multiple dogs. In addition Gill has a lot of experience running client dogs of many different breeds, shapes and sizes. She is an agility judge for Canine Performance Events (CPE), American Kennel Club (AKC), Bahamian Kennel Club (BKC), and UK Agility International (UKI).
Gill strives to have the sport of agility “click” with all different types of handlers and dogs. She believes that her successes are tied to her student’s accomplishments and works to help them take their team “to the next level.”
Gill currently holds 72 personal agility champion titles and has helped her students achieve 194 champion titles to date. Both group and private agility lessons are offered through JSU for all breeds and levels of experience.
Nosework classes will resume in fall 2021. Nosework is a K9 scent detection activity where the K9 is trained to search for and locate specific odors. Some of the benefits of K9 Nose Work are:
- Dogs easily burn lots of mental & physical energy doing searches
- Searches can be done anywhere you can take your dog
- No prior training is required and no obedience is needed
- In classes, dogs work one at a time and rest crated or safely in a vehicle between searches so reactive dogs can enjoy the activity, too
- Shy or fearful dogs build confidence and overactive dogs put their energy into fun searches
- Stronger bond between dog & handler as handler learns to observe, understand, and rely upon his/her dog
Please contact us for additional information and to get on the waitlist.